Way-to-Play Session Details
Our CITY Futures offers free soccer training for kids that want to start playing or get an additional training to their club training. Each age group, 7–8, 9–10, and 11–12 years old, has two levels, beginner and advanced and a maximum number of 12 players. These sessions are first come, first served. Additional players will be added to the waitlist.
WEDNESDAYS: 1/11, 1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 3/1
We will assign players to a location in your region after registration is complete.
Winter sessions are from 5:30-6:45 and 6:45-8pm
- Week 1 + 2 - Trials to divide into Beginner & Advanced groups
- Week 3 -Tactical principle: Penetration, Social competencies: Empathy & Compassion
- Week 4 – Tactical principle: Pressing, Social competencies: Empathy & Compassion
- Week 5 – Tactical principle: Offensive Cover, Social competency: Trust
- Week 6 – Tactical principle: Defensive Cover, Social competency: Trust
- Week 7 – Tactical principle: Mobility – Social competency: Conflict resolution
- Week 8 – Tactical principle: Containment – Social competency: Conflict resolution
Due to the limited capacity of our indoor season, any player who has an unexcused absence from a session will be dropped to make space for a player on the waiting list.
To qualify for the Winter City Cup (scheduled for Sat, March 4), a player must attend 7 of 8 sessions.
CITY Futures Select
The best players from all five regions will be invited to join the City Futures Select team, which begins training in February.
Spring: Sessions from 3/20 – 6/5 (every Monday)
Summer: 1-week summer camp in June/July
Fall: Sessions from 8/14 – 10/30 (every Monday)
Registration for the Spring program will open in March, 2023