Way-to-Play Session Details
City Futures offers free soccer training for children who want to begin learning or continue practicing in addition to their club or school team. Each age group has two levels, beginner and advanced, and a maximum number of 12 players per coach. The age groups are U9 (7,8 yrs old), U11 (9, 10 yrs old), and U13 (11, 12yrs old).
Winter: 12/12, 12/19, 1/9, 1/23, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/27
We will assign players to one of the following schools:
Walnut Grove Elementary
Ferguson Middle School
- Week 1 + 2 - Trials to divide into Beginner & Advanced groups
- Week 3 -Tactical principle: Penetration, Social competencies: Empathy & Compassion
- Week 4 – Tactical principle: Pressing, Social competencies: Empathy & Compassion
- Week 5 – Tactical principle: Offensive Cover, Social competency: Trust
- Week 6 – Tactical principle: Defensive Cover, Social competency: Trust
- Week 7 – Tactical principle: Mobility – Social competency: Conflict resolution
- Week 8 – Tactical principle: Containment – Social competency: Conflict resolution
Winter sessions are from 5:30-6:45, and 6:45-8pm.
U9 will always play at 5:30
U11 will be assigned a time based on numbers
U13 will always play at 6:45
Due to the limited capacity of our indoor season, any player who has an unexcused absence from a session will be dropped to make space for a player on the waiting list.
To qualify for the Winter City Cup (scheduled for Sat, March 4), a player must attend 7 of 8 sessions.
CITY Futures Select
The best players from all five regions will be invited to join the City Futures Select team, which begins training in February.
Spring: Sessions from 3/20 – 6/5 (every Monday) at Forest Wood Park
Summer: 1-week summer camp in June/July at Forest Wood Park
Fall: Sessions from 8/14 – 10/30 (every Monday) at Forest Wood Park
Registration for the Spring program will open in March, 2023
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org