Way-to-Play Session Details
City Futures offers free soccer training for children who want to begin learning or continue practicing in addition to their club or school team. Each age group has two levels, beginner and advanced, and a maximum number of 12 players per coach. The age groups are U9 (7,8 yrs old), U11 (9, 10 yrs old), and U13 (11, 12yrs old).
Winter: 12/12, 12/19, 1/9, 1/23, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/27
We will assign players to one of the following schools:
Winter sessions are from 5:30-6:45, and 6:45-8pm.
U9 will always play at 5:30
U11 will be assigned a time based on numbers
U13 will always play at 6:45
- Week 1 + 2 - Trials to divide into Beginner & Advanced groups
- Week 3 -Tactical principle: Penetration, Social competencies: Empathy & Compassion
- Week 4 – Tactical principle: Pressing, Social competencies: Empathy & Compassion
- Week 5 – Tactical principle: Offensive Cover, Social competency: Trust
- Week 6 – Tactical principle: Defensive Cover, Social competency: Trust
- Week 7 – Tactical principle: Mobility – Social competency: Conflict resolution
- Week 8 – Tactical principle: Containment – Social competency: Conflict resolution
Due to the limited capacity of our indoor season, any player who has an unexcused absence from a session will be dropped to make space for a player on the waiting list.
To qualify for the Winter City Cup (scheduled for Sat, March 4), a player must attend 7 of 8 sessions.
CITY Futures Select
The best players from all five regions will be invited to join the City Futures Select team, which begins training in February.
Spring: Sessions from 3/20 – 6/5 (every Monday) at Cardinal Ritter High School
Summer: 1-week summer camp in June/July at Cardinal Ritter High School
Fall: Sessions from 8/14 – 10/30 (every Monday) at Cardinal Ritter High School
Registration for the Spring program will open in March, 2023
If you have questions, please email email@example.com