When do the gates open?
Are tickets available at the gate?
- Tickets will be available online at SeatGeek.com. Please note that tickets will NOT be available at the box office, however they can be purchased through the CITY app.
Is the venue ADA-accessible?
- Yes, CITYPARK is ADA-accessible. Our ADA-accessible entrance is located at the Northeast entrance at Olive and 20th Street.
Will there be first aid for fans onsite?
- Yes, there is a First Aid Room located behind Section 141, and an auxiliary tent located by the NW gate on the Upper Concourse. Guests may also contact the nearest stadium staff for assistance or directions to First Aid.
Are flags/banners allowed?
- Small banners, flags, and signs are generally allowed at matches at CITYPARK. Banners/flags/signs larger than 3’ by 5’ must be pre-approved by the STL CITY SC Front Office. Larger versions may be denied entry. All banners entering CITYPARK are subject to inspection.
All flags, banners, and signs must follow these guidelines:
- Must be related to the event.
- May not be attached to a stick/pole.
- May not be hung, attached, or displayed on any part of the building using any item that cannot be completely removed without damaging stadium property.
- Item may not contain or display obscene/offensive language and/or pictures, as determined by stadium management.
- Item may not obstruct the view of other guests or any stadium advertising signage or be affixed to the stadium in any manner.
Smoking & Tobacco Policy:
- CITYPARK is a smoke-free facility. Smoking and the use of other tobacco products is PROHIBITED IN ALL AREAS OF THE STADIUM. This includes all smoking tobacco, e-cigarettes and vaporizers. Violators of this policy may be ejected from the stadium.
- No alcohol may be brought into CITYPARK.
- Any attempt to bring alcohol into the stadium is a violation of the Code of Conduct and may result in the guests being ejected, arrested, and/or tickets being revoked.
- Alcohol cut off is at the 75th minute for STL CITY SC / CITY 2 matches.
- Guests that are intoxicated or appear to be intoxicated will be denied entry into CITYPARK.
Valid ID is required for the purchase of alcohol. Guests that appear to be 30 years of age or younger must produce a valid form of acceptable identification, including:
- United States Driver’s License
- State Issued ID with photo
- Military ID with photo
- Passport ID Card
- Mexican Consular Card
- There is a two (2) alcoholic beverage limit per person, per identification, per trip to point of sale location.
- Alcohol service can be discontinued at management discretion, and all guests must be 21 years of age or older to purchase an alcoholic beverage.
- All guests must finish and dispose of alcoholic beverages prior to exiting the stadium.
Does my child need a ticket to enter CITYPARK?
- Children age 2 and under do not need a ticket provided they are able to sit on a parent or legal guardian’s lap during the event.
Can I bring my stroller into CITYPARK?
- Strollers are permitted in CITYPARK but should never be stored in an aisle or stairway. The Guest Experience Team can help identify a proper storage location for any strollers. For further assistance, please visit Guest Services located on the main concourse behind section 142.
Can I bring a blanket into CITYPARK?
- Yes, blankets are allowed in the stadium. All blankets are subject to inspection.
Where is Lost & Found located?
- Lost & Found is located at Guest Services on the main concourse behind section 142. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or inquiries.
What payment methods are accepted at CITYPARK?
- CITYPARK is a cashless facility. Visa, US Debit Cards, Mastercard and American Express are accepted.
Can I re-enter CITYPARK if I leave during a match?
- In accordance with CITYPARK security procedures, guests are not permitted to exit and re-enter the stadium using the same ticket.